Families East Resource Centre (formerly Main Street FRC)
Welcome to the web page for Families East Resource Centre (FERC) The FERC provides support, training and programming for expectant parents and families with young children. This local not-for-profit, run by a volunteer board of directors, offers social support, play groups and programming for the Eastern Kings region of Prince Edward Island. Please note this is not a drop off day care. Below is a list of some of the services they offer and their contact information.
- Prenatal programs once a week for expectant parents and infants up to 1 year old.
- Social & emotional support for parents and families.
- Parent/child play groups 3 times a week at our location and once a week in St. Peter's Bay.
- Day trips such as trail walks, trips to the beach and pool.
- Programming that includes literacy training, art and music.
- Offers a community kitchen and nutritional education once a month (cooking).
- Parenting programs that include guest speakers, organization and more.
- Provides a support network with connections to other local community resources.
- Partners with the Best Start in-home visitation program.
- Provides access to the PEI Food Share program.
- Freebie corner with free access to kids clothing, toys and more.
- Mental health programs and much more.